Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Phone

I bought a new phone last week, after using my current cell phone for 7-8 years. I went with an Android phone, since iPhones are way to expensive (both to buy and to get a data plan for). After fiddling with the new phone for a few days, I am constantly running into low memory problems with the thing. It just doesn't come with enough main memory to make it a replacement for my iPod touch. I like the Android OS, but there are many older apps that won't let you move them to an SD card, and they hog main memory and seriously reduce the functionality of the device.

I was hoping to use the phone to replace my iPod touch for on-the-go use where I need connectivity, but that just isn't going to happen with the memory problems that I'm having. It's a nice phone though. Far better than my previous "dumb" phone. Everything I wanted to do on the old one required me to step through multiple menus to get to the function I wanted. I always had to get out the manual to even get to the list of numbers I had programmed into it. And the buttons were tiny. So was the screen. Even as a phone, I like the new one better.

No comments: