Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Bike rides

I went out yesterday and rode 15 miles on my trail bike (bicycle). That's a full 50% further than my previous longest distance. The temps are finally dropping enough so that it's still fairly nice by noon... only about 80F. The route I took was the entire length of the Brushy Creek Trail. I started in the middle and rode to both ends, figuring that I could bail out easier by parking at the middle.

The trail is mixed concrete pavement, crushed granite, dirt, and some sandy sections. I really don't like the sand, but the rest is pretty nice. There is shade for a lot of the distance. It's a pretty popular path for the area, so it was moderately busy, but everyone is very pleasant and co-exists nicely. I'll likely hit this one three or four times a month. It's about a twenty minute drive from my house.

No comments: